Spay and Neuter in Yorkville, IL
Spaying or neutering your pet is a reasonable measure for preventing unwanted pregnancies, but it has other benefits, too. While it may seem inhumane to remove your pet’s natural ability to reproduce, pet overpopulation is a serious problem in many places due to uninhibited mating among dogs and cats. Consider all of the strays, and animals living in shelters—if their numbers continue to grow, it will be more difficult to find homes for them. Our veterinary team in Yorkville is committed to helping pets in any way possible, and that includes giving homeless animals a chance by minimizing unchecked reproduction.
Along with reducing pet overpopulation, pet spay and neuter surgeries can reduce or prevent animals from developing life-threatening diseases. For a list of health and behavioral benefits for both dogs and cats, see the section below. Call us today at (630) 882-6060 to schedule a spay & neuter surgery.
How Pet Spay and Neuter Surgeries Benefit Our Pets
Spaying or neutering your pet gives them the opportunity to live a long and healthy life in the following ways:
- Will not go into heat
- No spotting
- No roaming around to look for breeding partners
- Will be less likely to develop mammary cancer
- Will be less likely to develop uterine cancer or severe infections like pyometra
- Will be less aggressive overall
- No marking or spraying around the house (or these behaviors may be greatly minimized)
- No roaming around outside to look for breeding partners
- Will be less likely to develop testicular or prostate cancers
- Will be less likely to mount objects/people/other animals
Knowing When To Spay or Neuter Your Pet
The most appropriate time to spay or neuter your pet is between six and seven months of age. Choosing the best date for your pet’s surgery depends on whether they are healthy enough to undergo the procedure. If you have any questions about spaying and neutering, give us a call at (630) 882-6060.